Monday, July 16, 2018

New Gallery in Naples by Susan Scoggins Landscape Painter

Vacation - 48x36 oil on gallery wrapped canvas

So, I'm so excited to have been asked to be represented at a new gallery, GALLERYVIBE, in Naples, Florida.  I immediately jumped at the chance.  A new state.  A new COLORFUL state! A beach state! Yay!

Now, the logistics.  Six to eight large paintings to be ready for their fall season. That means shipping by mid-August. I've already learned so much.  This gallery has their act together. They've given me sizes and popular color palette have briefed me on what sells. How, in today's market, homes don't have a lot of wall space.  Homes have mostly windows.  They want verticals!  Tall verticals.  Yes!  I love vertical!

And how do I ship such large canvas pieces without being eaten up with expenses?  For now, I've decided to ship them rolled up and have them stretched with a framer in Naples. What is so costly is the oversize (dimensions) not the weight. Course, if I rent a van....I could take a little trip!  What fun would that be? I don't know...Florida in August?  Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment