Thursday, July 10, 2014

Maggie Siner Workshop - in Provence

Just in case you think everything is heavenly perfect.  THINK NOT!
I've been without luggage (4 days and counting) since the air traffic control strike in France.  That means, rerouted to Nice, training to Marseille, and busing it to the airport where I was meeting my new fellow artist friends.  New friendships have been formed and we are being tortured learning jumps in space and bride/groom ways of seeing landscape.  The learning curve is very difficult for me and I think I've discovered I'm color blind.  But, Maggie is great at teaching in a truthful way, yet, manages to keep you from feeling like a failure.  I'm trying!

With that being said, this is an absolutely beautiful place to be tortured.  With or without clothes and art supplies.  Every artist has been gracious in loaning me paints and brushes.  I carried my canvas all over Hungary to Les Bassacs. I've even managed to be the recipient of left over painting clothes from the laundry.

Paint on! I say.


No comments:

Post a Comment