Thursday, June 12, 2014

LIVING A DREAM - a new venture by North Carolina Artist, Sue Scoggins



Where I will be staying
Les Basaccs (population 25)


Who would have thought, one year ago, that I would be boarding a plane for Provence, France! November, 2013, I signed up for a workshop with well known artist Maggie Siner.  A fabulous artist friend (she's a fabulous artist AND a fabulous friend) suggested if I ever got a chance..to take a workshop with Maggie about color theory.

Now, a lot of people go to France to paint.  I've read all about them.  But, here's what's different for me. After 14 years, on April 7, my dearest friend and husband, Jerry, lost his courageous struggle against Early Onset Alzheimer disease.  It's a bitter sweet season. But...

This is a new beginning.  I feel sort of like a little birdie perched on the edge of it's opened cage door. I've had a beautiful life with many, many blessings..and have been safe in my comfort zone.

Now, I am about to take flight.  ALL BY MYSELF!  Yikes!

Today, I am embarking on a new unencumbered experience and taking the friendly skies to Europe to paint for the summer.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that I would even be a painter.  Much less, a person who is headed off to France..to Provence..where the Masters Cezanne, Picasso, Matisse, Monet, Van Gogh were inspired, to study art.  It's as if I'm about to live a novel or a romantic movie...a dream.

So, for the next couple of months, I'll be blogging a painter's journal.  I'll write once a week...maybe Sunday nights...when the week is over and the time is spent mentally recuperating from the weekend and preparing for the new week.

With a lot of excitement, a quest for new discoveries and continued learning....with a little bit of tearful salt in my coffee, I am off!  Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment