Thursday, May 15, 2014

TODAY'S ROSES! - a flower expression by North Carolina Artist Sue Scoggins



So, here's how I start. It begins with a friend who brought me roses from his garden.  I placed the jar of roses on my counter so that the back light bounced all through the jar and off the petals.  

I've fallen in love with INK!  (Trust me, it's all under my finger nails.)
The most fun thing is pouring ink, starting with the lightest color, yellow.  I use a HUGE pointed brush, full of water,  to manipulate the ink.  Then I pour an orange ink, then maybe some purple.  I love watching the ink take on a form of it's own and the petals of the roses just begin to appear.  The reason I love ink is that the pigment is so intense even though is it so fluid.  

Now, this one is ready to finish in oil.  We'll see how it turns out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment