Friday, May 30, 2014

Finished, I think! - a romantic floral seaside landscape by North Carolina painter, Sue Scoggins

Ok.  Call me crazy.  I began trying to work on this painting and turned on the most awesome music.
Began with Vivaldi's Concerto in A minor.  Now, seriously, in my years and years of HATING this piece...(I studied violin for 13 years) . It has now become by favorite...it is engrained in my psychi...repetition...over and over.

So, as I painted this piece, I played Vivaldi's concerto over and over as I stroked little pieces of paint over and over.  It was so cathartic!  After about 3 hours and 20 repetitions, I said, "Self.  Stop!"  Went on to whatever was playing on my playlist.  Ended up with "In a Sentimental Mood" by John Coltrane.

Hope you like it!

30x40 original oil on gallery wrapped canvas.  $1200.   Sniff!
Contact suescoggins@gmail.com if interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment