Sunday, October 20, 2013

APPLES OF BLOWING ROCK

When I was a little girl, I remember going on Sunday drives with my family to Big Bear Lake in Southern California.  Since I was a kid, I wasn't quite as enthusiastic as my parents were.  However, now, my memories are so fond of apple valley and the orchards.


Last weekend, while visiting Blowing Rock, North Carolina, those memories came back as I walked by the apple stands in the quaint little down town.

Here's the process of painting those memories...
I started with a 36x36 gallery wrapped canvas.

I began with a sketch in red over an orange toned canvas













Next. I loosely filled in areas with blocks of color





After that, I continued with a bit more detail, more color and contrast
To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment