Monday, April 6, 2015

Pristine Lagoon - by North Carolina Painter Sue Scoggins

One of the most memorable things about our place at the beach is our "pristine lagoon." It's really a swamp, protected wetland, but we call it our own "pristine lagoon". Many evenings are spent rocking on the deck over looking the lagoon...watching the sun go down.  Many mornings are spent drinking coffee as the kids roll their toy trucks around the deck.

Today, my painting brain started revving up.  My friend and I propped up a canvas and started scrubbing on our colors.  It actually was not the best light but we made the best of it.  The sun was bleaching out most of the color but we managed to use our artistic license.  After a few hours...I was just getting warmed up.  So I started another of a similar view at sunset.  Here are the beginnings.
Just the start....



No comments:

Post a Comment